Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 11 - Saturday journaling

There are so many pictures I wanted to share that I did them on seperate posts. Please keep scrolling down.

Logan and I were up before Daddy and Maelynn and went for a walk to the park next to the hotel. it was nice to have the time with him.

Today was the medical exam. We walked there as it is just on the other side of this small 'island'. On the way we took her picture for her visa. The medical exam is also for the visa. It is not a 'real' medical exam. There were 3 stations. One is the hearing exam. They point in one direction and shake a tambourine in another to see if the baby turn her head toward the sound. Another is what they call the surgical exam. They listen to her heart and then we get her completely undressed. They feel her tummy and look at her back. Then we get her dressed again. Just getting her dressed or undressed takes longer than the exam. The last station is temperature (under arm Thank God!), weight, and height. These measurements are normally not very accurate. On the way back we took Logan to the playground and saw a wedding couple walking down the street with their photographer. Of course we took a picture!

The entire procedure upsets the babies a lot. The rest of the day was rough as a residual. Maelynn is most happy when she gets to lead us to the door, walk down the hall, and get on the elevator. She tries to do this even when we have no where to go.

We took a nap and just hung around the room. I took Maelynn shopping for shoes while the boys stayed it. It was a disaster. She hates the store ladies looking at her and cried. She also does not like us playing with her feet. I did buy a beautiful butterfly hair clip for me. Afterwards, Erich went to pick up laundry and I got Maelynn ready for the famous red couch pictures. You get a sneak peek at her Easter dress. The pictures went pretty well. Some babies always cry. Maelynn doesn't do too bad with Logan, but still does not like Erich. She has been cranky most of the day.

We ordered Danny's Bagel again for dinner. They are discontinuing their meat lasagna. It was so good. I am very disappointed. I am having a very rough day too. I am so home sick and just dragging. I could have used 2 naps today. Erich is very supportive. I got to call my mom. It is always hard to work out timing where home is not asleep. I was worried because of the storms that were hitting Cincinnati area.

My nephew is going into the Marines. I am very proud of him for wanting to serve his country. It will really be good for him too. Of course, I will be worried sick about him.

We made it an early night as the girls were having bad days. Tomorrow we are going to a Catholic church on the island and then more paperwork. I think her visa is now done. We are waiting on her passport and the consulate appointment (Wednesday). We are going to Pizza Hut for dinner with the Chelgren’s.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Robin and Erich, Logan and Maelynn,
What a great story..i can actually read the emotions in your pics and posts. We are soooo happy and excited for you! Tell Erich to quit being such a stick in the mud and POST! We love you and cannot wait to meet your precious little girl. Tell Logan Ryan says "hi"--it looks like he is enjoying the big brother role!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home